Helping clients navigate the Immigration laws, regulations and procedures which undergo frequent change.
Our Business Immigration Team provides a complete range of highly specialized immigration services for its clients, including bringing foreign nationals from around the world to work in Canada and similarly, transferring individuals from Canada to world-wide locations. This includes securing Labour Market Impact Assessments, work permits, temporary resident visas and study permits as well as facilitating intra-company cross border transfers, sponsorship of family members and permanent residency.
The nature of immigration laws, regulations and procedures is that they are frequently changing, and our being at the forefront of the latest regulatory and policy changes, ensures BD&P clients can more easily navigate the challenges posed by the business immigration bureaucracy. Our international scope of service includes the development and implementation of immigration strategies and the provision of counsel on matters of mobility, relocation, permanent residency and citizenship.
We are able to draw on the skills and experience of practitioners in other practice areas within the firm, including those of our Employment & Labour and Tax teams. We also have relationships with experienced U.S. immigration counsel should the need arise.
Significant Areas of Service
- Obtaining Labour Market Impact Assessments or opinions for exemptions of Labour Market Impact Assessments
- Obtaining work permits in Canada, the U.S. and other jurisdictions
- Obtaining U.S. non-immigrant visas
- Securing Canadian temporary resident visas and study permits
- Extending Canadian and U.S. visa permits
- Acquiring and maintaining Canadian permanent residence status
- Preparing Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program and Express Entry applications
- Acquiring and maintaining U.S. permanent residence status
- Facilitating intra-company cross-border transfers
- Obtaining Canadian citizenship and Certificates of Citizenship
- Sponsorship of family members