As a leading full service Canadian law firm, with over 120 lawyers skilled in virtually every aspect of business law and litigation, Burnet, Duckworth & Palmer LLP (BDP) thrives on the belief that every member of the firm forms an integral part in the delivery of service to clients. To continue providing first-rate service, we are looking for a Payroll & Benefits Administrator to join our fast-paced team.
Payroll & Benefits Administrator
Human Resources Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Payroll & Benefits Administrator is responsible for administering all activities relating to the firms' semi-monthly payroll functions, and benefits administration. This includes timely and accurate reporting of payroll data. Integrity and strong attention to detail is an asset.
- Process semi-monthly payroll for salaried and hourly employees using ADP Workforce Now software
- Process a successful payroll year end including reconciling any discrepancies and issuing T4s and T4A's
- Prepare new hire information including benefits enrollment
- Prepare employee reports upon request
- Semi Monthly payroll reconciliation
- Prepare and execute pay adjustments for Short Term Disability program
- Prepare monthly remittances and cheque requests for group insurance payments
- Respond to all benefits and payroll queries
- Implement salary increases, bonus payments and all employee status changes such as maternity leaves, change in hours, and terminations including electronic submission of ROE's
- Send RRSP notices of eligibility to Support Staff members, and contribution increase notification according to seniority
- Assist with HR duties as needed
- Perform any other task or special projects that may be assigned from time to time
Education & Experience:
- 2+ years payroll and benefits experience
- Experience working with ADP systems considered an asset
- PCP or working towards payroll certification
Required Skills & Personality Traits for Success:
- Aptitude to learn concepts and new tasks quickly
- Meticulous, detail-oriented and top-notch accuracy in completion of work
- Unwavering first-rate customer service
- Personable, courteous, "can-do" attitude
- Excellent team spirit, supportive of team mates, with flexible attitude is imperative
- Work well under pressure
- Self-driven with personal initiative
- Able to work independently with little supervision
Do you have what it takes to succeed in this position?
Are you the right fit with our team?
Then please forward resume by March 12, 2018 to:
Please note that, due to the volume of applications we receive only successful candidates will be contacted.