Assisting clients in preventing the unauthorized manufacture, use or sale of a new product or the unauthorized use of a method or system to ensure patent owners have a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
Patents are useful in preventing the unauthorized manufacture, use or sale of a new product as well as the unauthorized use of a method or system, essentially granting patent owners a competitive advantage in the marketplace. Patents can generate significant wealth for their owners and, for some companies, patents can become their most valuable asset. Likewise, monitoring the patent rights held by competitors may provide valuable strategic guidance in product development.
Patents are sought in many sectors of the economy, from the energy and environmental sector, to biotechnology and pharmacology, to high-tech and software. Within a company, patents can protect many aspects of the business, including innovative products and assemblies, new processes and new ways of doing business. As such, it is important that a company review its operations and its products and services with a qualified patent professional to properly identify opportunities for obtaining and asserting patent rights.
A qualified patent professional can also assist a company in assessing the patent rights held by competitors, minimizing the risk of unexpected conflict and litigation.
Significant Areas of Service
- Provision of patentability, infringement and validity assessments
- Preparing and prosecuting patent applications
- Drafting and negotiating license and assignment agreements
- Drafting and negotiating manufacturing and distribution agreements
- Preparation and registration of industrial designs
- Performing due diligence and negotiating asset purchase agreements in corporate acquisitions
- Litigating patent infringement and patent licensing disputes