Offering comprehensive advice in relation to all manner of physical and psychological injuries, including fatalities.
BD&P's Personal Injury practitioners offer comprehensive advice in relation to wrongful death and all manner of physical and psychological injuries. The injuries for which our clients seek compensation may arise from a wide range of circumstances inclusive of motor vehicle accidents, motorcycle accidents and pedestrian accidents, industrial accidents, occupier's liability claims, professional negligence, assaults and product liability claims.
This Team provides full service in advancing the claims of victims and their immediate families, from the straightforward to the complex and catastrophic. We are mindful of the expense of litigation and wherever possible strive to resolve claims in the most cost‑effective manner for our clients, including resolution through negotiation and conflict resolution procedures such as mediation and arbitration. Where the claim does not lend itself to negotiated settlement, our Personal Injury Team is experienced in seeing the matter through to trial and appeal, if necessary, appearing regularly in all levels of court in Alberta.
Significant Areas of Service
- Preparation of opinions on liability and quantum issues
- Direction of investigative fact finding
- Preparation of pleadings
- Retention and instruction of experts in a wide variety of disciplines
- Negotiation of settlements
- Pursuit of alternative dispute resolution procedures such as mediation and arbitration
- Pursuit of actions through trial and appeal