As the Manager of eDiscovery and Litigation Support, Tiana has extensive experience developing in-house policies and procedures to streamline eDiscovery and control costs. She works closely with clients to facilitate all aspects of eDiscovery, while finding creative solutions to manage the various phases of document production. Her analytical approach provides a solid foundation for clients to realize success in their eDiscovery projects.
Tiana's expertise in the field of eDiscovery includes international presentations on application of technology across litigation matters and building eDiscovery strategy, and she is considered among her peers to be an expert in the field.
Tiana is a member of EDRM and works with other industry leaders to develop tools that allow firms, corporations and departments to assess and improve their eDiscovery portfolio.
Tiana completed her Bachelor of Kinesiology in Mind Sciences at the University of Calgary. She spent many years translating her love of sports into coaching elite level male and female hockey. Away from the office, she enjoys running, camping and cooking.
- University of Calgary, Bachelor of Kinesiology, 2005
- Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM)
- International Legal Technology Association (ILTA)
- Panel Member, Lawyer Project Leadership: The Evolution of Legal Project Management. Technology in Practice, Toronto, 2014
- Presenter, The Latest on EDRM Metrics: Trends in Proactive Cost Recovery Efforts. Technology in Practice, Toronto, 2014
- Presenter, 5 part Webinar Series, EDRM eDiscovery Self Assessment Test , 2014-2015
- Presenter, The EDRM eMSAT – eDiscovery Maturity Self Assessment Test. Association of Certified eDiscovery Professionals Conference, National Harbor MD, 2015
- Presenter, Using the eMSAT to Evaluate Internal Process and Maximize Review Proficiency. Relativity Fest, Chicago IL, 2015
- Presenter, Litigation Support as a Viable Business Model. Technology in Practice, Toronto, 2015
- Presenter, Working Cross Border in a Virtual World. Technology in Practice, Toronto, 2015
- Panel Member, Measuring Up: Creating Visibility into eDiscovery Metrics to Manage Cost and Performance. Technology in Practice, Toronto, 2015
- Panel Member, Understanding the Data Visualization Trends in Legal. 2015 East Coast eDiscovery and IG Retreat, Harwich, MA
- Presenter, Analytics & eDiscovery: Employing Analytics for Better, More Efficient, and Cost-Effective eDiscovery , 2016 NorCal eDiscovery and IG Retreat, Half Moon Bay CA
- Presenter, TAR Olympics: Applying What You Already Know for World Class Results , Technology in Practice, Toronto 2016
- Presenter, Onward and Upward: Elevating and Innovating Your eDiscovery Operation , Technology in Practice, Toronto 2016
- Presenter, The Exchange of Protocols: Historical Standards vs. Contemporary Realities, Technology in Practice, Toronto 2016
Resources and Publications
- EDRM eDiscovery Self Assessment Test (eMSAT-1), 2014
- EDRM Processing Standards Guide, 2014
- You've seen the EDRM Model. Now What? Part 1. Commonwealth Legal - Technology in Practice Blog (2015)
- You've seen the EDRM Model. Now What? Part 2. Commonwealth Legal - Technology in Practice Blog (2015)
- You've seen the EDRM Model. Now What? Part 3. Commonwealth Legal - Technology in Practice Blog (2015)
- Understanding Identification in 4 Straightforward Steps. Commonwealth Legal - Technology in Practice Blog (2015)
- Preservation and Collection: Not a linear process – Technology in Practice Blog (2015)
- An Introduction to Document Review – Technology in Practice Blog (2016)