As a leading Canadian law firm, with over 115 lawyers skilled in virtually every aspect of business law and litigation, Burnet, Duckworth & Palmer LLP (BD&P) thrives on the belief that every member of the firm forms an integral part in the delivery of service to clients. To continue providing first-rate service, we are looking for a Resource Assistant to join our fast-paced team.
Human Resources Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for daily correspondence, document preparation, transcribing dictations, preparation and updating closing books, minute books or trial binders;
- Involved in file opening, preparation, management and closing
- Diary system and calendar maintenance;
- Provide administrative support such as routing/answering correspondence, booking meetings, entering timesheets and facilitating client billing;
- Coordinating with other administrative departments as needed;
- Conduct searches and carry out investigations through internet and other means;
- Liaise with legal assistants, paralegals, lawyers, clients and creditors on the files in progress;
- Providing backup coverage to legal assistants; and
- Other duties or tasks as required.
Required Education & Experience:
- Legal Assistant Diploma or similar with a GPA above 3.5.
- 1-2 years of experience as a legal assistant; and
- Advanced Microsoft Office, computer skills and a typing speed above 65 wpm required.
Required Skills & Personality Traits for Success:
- High standards and initiative: Takes ownership of work; establishes and models standards that guarantee exceptional quality; consistently seeks to improve processes; highly reliable.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy: Demonstrates meticulous, detail-oriented accuracy in completion of work.
- Effective communication: Well-developed verbal and written communication skills; readily seeks and provides information; sees value in information exchange; written product is concise and clear.
- Customer orientation: Provides exceptional customer service in dealings with all clients and stakeholders.
- Team-oriented: Personable and courteous, with a "can-do" attitude; strives to bolster the effectiveness of the team by providing consistent support.
- Composure: Performs appropriately and effectively, even while handling multiple tasks.
Do you have what it takes to succeed in this position? Are you the right fit with our team? Then please forward your resume by November 29, 2019, to: Human Resources [email protected]
Please note that, due to the volume of applications we receive only successful candidates will be contacted.For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org