As a leading full service Canadian law firm, with over 120 lawyers skilled in virtually every aspect of business law and litigation, Burnet, Duckworth & Palmer LLP (BDP) thrives on the belief that every member of the firm forms an integral part in the delivery of service to clients. To continue providing first-rate service, we are looking for a Trainer to join our Human Resources Team.
Human Resources Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
In accordance with the policies of Burnet, Duckworth & Palmer LLP, the Trainer has the responsibility to complete the following duties:
- Conduct new hire, rollout, or ongoing training via classroom demonstration, individual desk-side support, and assigning learning paths on the Learning Management System (LMS) for each of the core Firm applications;
- Serve as subject-matter expert in specialized applications;
- Identify learning opportunities and improvements;
- Create in-house training documentation, training outlines, and customizing vendor documentation to meet Firm departmental standards;
- Proactively promote end-user training programs;
- Develop and participate in test processes and procedures;
- Assist internal groups in evaluating software programs, troubleshooting problems, and implementing new and upgraded systems;
- Administer Learning Management System (LMS) both for content and reporting purposes;
- Develop videos and other end-user training content for LMS, curate, and prescribe learning paths for groups and individual users;
- Train users on mobility tools and remote-working best practices;
- Maintain strong working knowledge of the Firm's technology systems, through ongoing training, research, and improvement initiatives;
- Develop and administer assessments in order to ensure training objectives are met in relation to job skills and knowledge;
- Consistently assess effectiveness of all training programs for improvement and strategic alignment;
- Serve as a member of the Firm's User Experience Community of Practice, working to enhance the digital experience for end-users; and
- Assist with new software implementation process including business requirements analysis and workflow design.
Desired Traits and Competencies:
- Communication: Effective verbal and written communication. Readily seeks and provides information; sees value in information exchange. Written communication is concise and clear;
- Presentation Skills: Ability to organize and deliver public speeches that effectively inform and persuade audiences. Adept at using current presentation technologies and media formats. Able to field audience questions comfortably and confidently;
- Learning Agility: Aptitude and drive to learn new concepts and tasks quickly;
- Exceptional Technical Expertise: Knowledgeable, experienced and skilled in both training and the legal industry. Keeps abreast of industry trends and innovations, translating knowledge into added value for the Firm;
- Business Thinking: Ability to create and/or realign business systems in response to changing business needs. Has an understanding that change in one process can have a dramatic and unintended impact across the entire organization;
- Customer Orientation: Provides exceptional customer service to both internal and external clients of the Firm; and
- Technology Savvy: Values technology and understands the necessity of leveraging it to stay productive and competitive. Proactive in investigating and adopting new technologies to achieve competitive advantage.
- Technology training experience, preferably in a law firm; and
- Experience with software and systems commonly found in a law firm/professional service environments including Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, iManage DMS, Workshare and MacPac.
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Do you have what it takes to succeed in this position? Are you the right fit with our team? Then please forward resume with the subject line "Trainer" by February 14, 2020 to: [email protected]
Please note that, due to the volume of applications we receive only successful candidates will be contacted.