Dealing with the rights of the creative world such as authors, writers, producers, developers, programmers, composers and performers.
BD&P's Intellectual Property & Technology Team has experience in all matters related to media, entertainment and content, focusing on digital media.
Significant Areas of Service
- Dealing with the rights of authors, writers, producers, developers, programmers, composers and performers
- Advice regarding business structure, publication, syndication and distribution, production financing, option and purchase, joint ventures and limited partnerships
- Preparation of contracts and providing advice with respect to licensing, content transfer, development, commercialization, publishing, recording and film, distribution, syndication and management
- Counsel with respect to copyrights, moral rights, subsidiary rights, abridgements, derivations and compilations
- Privacy issues
- Model and talent contracts and releases
- Litigation and regulatory issues
- Related issues such as trade-marks and confidential information