Rachel has a wide range of experience having practiced law as both a solicitor and barrister, as in house-counsel and in private practice.
As a solicitor, Rachel was previously a member of the BD&P Banking team, and worked in-house on pharmaceutical clinical trial matters in Alberta.
As a barrister, Rachel has worked on matters before all levels of Court in Alberta, as well as the Calgary Subdivision and Development Appeal Board. Rachel has appeared before the Court of Queen’s Bench.
Some of Rachel’s work experience includes:
- Trial work: As part of a team, Rachel appeared before the Court of Queen’s Bench during a 3 ½ month long trial. The trial concerned a corporate acquisition, with claims over $90 million.
- Private corporation shareholder/officer/director disputes
- Class actions
- Seeking injunctions
- Involvement in large scale litigation matters, with extensive document production. Through this experience, Rachel has an aptitude for e-discovery and streamlining document reviews
- University of Toronto, Bachelor of Applied Science in Engineering Science, 2010
- McGill University, B.C.L/ LL.B., 2014
- Alberta 2015
- Law Society of Alberta