You can depend on us to develop and implement robust anti-corruption policies and programs.
If you’re planning a merger or acquisition or doing business with an international company, we can guide you on how to conduct due diligence. We also advise on how to deal with incidents of corruption or bribery.
What we do
Get advice from us on:
- Risk assessments, including review of existing policies and procedures
- Anti-corruption policies
- Director, manager and employee training
- Due diligence in mergers and acquisitions
- Internal investigations for allegations of bribery or corruption
- Crisis management and reputational damage
- External investigations or litigation
A proactive approach to avoiding liability
If you violate Canada's Corruption of Foreign Public Officials Act (CFPOA), you could face major criminal and civil penalties, plus the risk of reputational damage. And depending on the suspect violations, you may also face scrutiny abroad under the American Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and the UK Bribery Act.
We provide clear, practical legal advice and will make sure you’re compliant with anti-corruption regimes in Canada and worldwide.
What our clients say
"Dedication, responsiveness, understanding, communication skills, teamwork and of course legal prowess." - Legal 500 Canada 2022