Copyright ownership is a complex area of the law and is often misunderstood. Get advice from a firm that understands the intricacies of Canadian copyright law.
Copyright grants and protects exclusive rights, including the right to reproduce or display all or any substantial part of a work. Original material can include art, music, software, digital content, databases, and much more.
Work subject to copyright might also contain confidential information. This type of material may need more steps to protect it with security measures and proper non-disclosure agreements.
Businesses need to make sure they take steps to protect their original content. Our team can provide straight forward legal advice that gets you the solutions you need.
How we can help
All aspects of copyright protection and infringement, including:
- Copyright registration applications
- Copyright agreements, including copyright license agreements and copyright asset purchase agreements
- Due diligence to assess copyright in the context of business transactions
- Enforcement of copyright, copyright liability and ownership issues
- Rights of authors, writers, producers, developers, programmers, composers and performers
- Contracts, licensing, content transfer, development, commercialization, publishing, recording and film, distribution, syndication and management
- Copyright litigation
What our clients say
"They are highly competent and always have the right resources to hand." – Legal 500 Canada