Work with a team that has experience advising businesses of all sizes and types on privacy and data protection matters.
When you partner with BD&P, you get a team that understands the rapidly growing area of privacy, electronic records management and e-discovery. We'll help you develop robust records management policies and procedures for storing data. We also have experience addressing the legal issues regarding electronically stored information, cybersecurity, and dealing with cybersecurity or privacy breaches.
The benefits of a full-service firm
If you are going through a merger or acquisition, our corporate team can draw upon the skills of our IP lawyers to advise on privacy issues arising from the purchase or sale of a business. We also advise on privacy issues and disclosure of personal information related to employment law or a dispute.
What we do
Get guidance from us on privacy and personal information, privacy audits and impact assessments, privacy policies, and privacy legislation. We can also help with:
- Matters before the Information and Privacy Commission of Alberta and the Privacy Commissioner of Canada
- Federal and provincial private sector and public sector privacy legislation
- Access to information requests and compliance challenges
- Cybersecurity matters and dealing with privacy breaches
- Appointing officers with privacy responsibilities
- Issues arising from the design and use of computer systems and networks, including security and data flows
- Data flows across provincial and international borders
- Internet-specific issues regarding privacy and electronic records
- Records and document retention and destruction policies, including advice on policies related to and the transfer or sale of personal information
- Privacy issues arising in administrative proceedings and litigation
What our clients say
"The team explains things in layman terms and always looks for the most efficient solution." – Legal 500 Canada 2022