Sylvie services companies at all stages of development (from entrepreneurial start-ups to national and international clients) in a wide array of industries including agriculture, oil and gas, renewable energy, energy transformation, technology, retail and health-care. Sylvie advises public and private companies and investment dealers and her practice encompasses the following:
- Transaction work, including structuring and implementation of share and asset acquisitions and dispositions, mergers, plans of arrangement, amalgamations, financings (both private placements and public offerings) and other business transactions involving strategic investors, vendors and private equity funds.
- Formation and organization of corporations, partnerships, co-ownership structures, including the preparation of shareholder, partnership and joint venture agreements and related governance documents.
- Structuring and implementation of corporate and other reorganizations.
- Drafting and negotiating a wide variety of corporate and commercial contracts.
- Corporate governance matters.
- Listing matters with the Toronto Stock Exchange, TSX Venture Exchange and Canadian Securities Exchange.
- Acquisitions, Mergers and Divestitures
- Agribusiness, Food and Beverage
- Blockchain & Smart Contracts
- Capital Markets
- Commercial Agreements
- Corporate Reorganizations
- Corporate Governance
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Start-Up and Early-Stage Companies
- University of Calgary, Juris Doctor, 2011
- McMaster University, Honours Bachelor of Arts, Geography, 2006
- McMaster University, Bachelor of Science, Life Sciences, 2004
- Alberta 2012
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Calgary Bar Association
- Co-host, Blockchain and Cryptocurrency: What's All the Buzz About? March, 2018
- Introduction to Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Technology presentation to the legal group of a number of large companies in Alberta (Throughout 2018)
- Introduction to Cryptocurrency Regulations, Utility Tokens and Securitized Tokens presentation at the Bitcoin Rodeo (July 2018)
- Member, CLG (Calgary Legal Guidance) Fund Development Committee
- Member, CBA Law Day Committee
- Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers Association and Women's Legal Forum - Gala Organizer (2017, 2019 and 2021)