Alison's focus is on:
Commercial and general litigation
- Has experience in a wide range of individual and corporate disputes, including contractual disputes, insurance matters, tort-based claims including breaches of trust and fiduciary duties, commercial and residential tenancy matters, patent infringement, improper corporate governance and director and officer liability
- Has experience in energy-related matters for clients, including royalty, operator/non-operator, drilling, pipeline and oil and gas facility disputes
- Has experience in assisting owners, contractors, and subcontractors with general construction disputes, including delay, impact, and cost claims and faulty workmanship
Court and arbitration experience
- Has appeared in arbitrations and at all levels of Court in Alberta representing clients in a wide range of matters
- Has experience in commercial arbitrations in Alberta
Alison volunteers for AMICUS and CCDC at the Calgary Courts Centre.
Alison is also French (proficient) and Cantonese (conversational).
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Calgary Bar Association
Peace River Hydro Partners, in Peace River Hydro Partners, et al. v. Petrowest Corporation, et al.
Counsel in a successful leave to appeal to the Supreme Court of Canada on behalf of Peace River Hydro Partners, in Peace River Hydro Partners, et al. v. Petrowest Corporation, et al., a case which involves the question of whether a receiver can disclaim an arbitration clause while still enforcing the underlying contract
Corporate Oppression Dispute
Counsel to a Canadian corporation in obtaining judgment on appeal against a director personally for corporate oppression 2020 ABCA 154