Barry has been primary counsel in over 70 reported decisions before the Alberta Courts, the Tax Court of Canada, the Federal Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court of Canada.
Barry’s focus is on:
- Tort and contract claims
- Construction litigation
- Insolvency and receivership litigation
- Energy litigation
- Securities litigation
- Tax litigation
Barry has been a Partner at BD&P since 1987. He joined the firm in 1984 through its merger with Homme Baker and practiced with Homme Baker, Barristers & Solicitors from 1981 to 1984.
Barry served as the Past Chair for National Law Day, the Alberta Law Day Committee and the Calgary Law Day Committee. He also was an instructor at the University of Calgary, Faculty of Law.
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Calgary Bar Association
- Past Member, Canadian Bar Association Insurance Committee
- Past Member, National Council of the Canadian Bar Association
Recent honours and recognition
Named as a Litigation Star in Benchmark Litigation Canada in the areas of insurance, securities and tax (2019 – 2022)
April 28, 2021
April 14, 2020
March 26, 2019