Carly's focus is:
- Advising clients on collective bargaining and labour disputes, including unfair labour practice complaints, duties of fair representation, certification and revocation, and successor and common employer applications;
- Representing clients in grievance arbitrations and labour board proceedings;
- Advising clients regarding termination, wrongful dismissal, restrictive covenants, employee fiduciary duties, occupational health and safety complaints, and employment standards; and
- Representing clients in employment-related litigation.
Carly has appeared before all levels of Court in Alberta, as well as before the Alberta Labour Relations Board and Saskatchewan Labour Relations Board.
Carly is a volunteer lawyer for Pro Bono Law Alberta.
Carly is a member of the Board of Directors of Digital Alberta and the Alberta Collaborative Resolution Association.
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Calgary Bar Association
- Member, The Advocates’ Society
Brookfield Infrastructure Partners L.P's $6.8 billion acquisition of Inter Pipeline Ltd.
Counsel to Inter Pipeline Ltd. in its acquisition by Brookfield Infrastructure Partners L.P pursuant to a statutory plan of arrangement for $6.8 billion.
Precedent-setting securities law decision
Successfully represented Inter Pipeline Ltd. (IPL) in a precedent-setting case before the Alberta Securities Commission. The case addressed Brookfield Infrastructure Partners L.P.'s use of total return swaps in its takeover bid of IPL. The decision is the first time that a Canadian securities regulator has directly addressed the use of total return swaps within the context of takeover bids following the changes to the Canadian takeover bid regime in 2016. (Re Bison Acquisition Corp., 2021 ABASC 100).
Recent honours and recognition
BD&P Employment & Labour Group named 2023 Reader's Choice in the Employment & Labour Law – Full Service Firm category by Canadian HR Reporter
July 25, 2022
October 11, 2021