Kylan’s focus is on commercial and general litigation. She advises on complex disputes involving oil and gas joint venture claims, contractual disputes, alleged breaches of trust and/or fiduciary duties, conspiracy, misuse of confidential information, negligence and economic and intentional torts.
Kylan also has experience in:
- Energy litigation, such as litigating contractual, royalty, operator and other energy-related disputes
- Construction litigation, including, oil and gas, commercial and institutional construction disputes involving complex engineering, procurement and construction issues
- Domestic and international commercial arbitration proceedings
- Securities litigation matters, including representing shareholders and directors' and officers' in private disputes and actions, including claims for oppression, breach of shareholders’ agreements, violation of securities laws, and other shareholder related causes of action
Kylan serves as the Director of the Elizabeth Fry Society of Calgary and Potential Place Society. She also assists AMICUS and Civil Claims Duty Counsel as a volunteer at the Calgary Courts Centre.
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Calgary Bar Association
- Member, International Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Advocates' Society
- Member of the Executive Committee and
- Treasurer, Young Canadian Arbitration Practitioners (YCAP)
Recent Honours and Recognitions
Named in the Legal 500 Canada as a Rising Star in Dispute Resolution: Alberta (2023)
October 21, 2021
Highlights from CanArbWeek 2021: Lukewarm on hot-tubbing – effective expert collaboration goes beyond the joint report
February 4, 2019
The Court clarifies the “unassailable” standard for Summary Judgment in O'Chiese Energy Limited Partnership v Bellatrix Exploration Ltd.
November 15, 2022