Sylvie's focus is on:
- Transaction work, including structuring and implementation of share and asset acquisitions and dispositions, mergers, plans of arrangement, amalgamations, financings (both private placements and public offerings) and other business transactions involving strategic investors, vendors and private equity funds.
- Formation and organization of corporations, partnerships, co-ownership structures, including the preparation of shareholder, partnership and joint venture agreements and related governance documents.
- Structuring and implementation of corporate and other reorganizations.
- Drafting and negotiating a wide variety of corporate and commercial contracts.
- Corporate governance matters.
- Listing matters with the Toronto Stock Exchange, TSX Venture Exchange and Canadian Securities Exchange.
Sylvie services companies at all stages of development (from entrepreneurial start-ups to national and international clients) in a wide array of industries including agriculture, oil and gas, renewable energy, energy transformation, technology, retail and health-care.
Sylvie is a member of the CLG (Calgary Legal Guidance) Fund Development Committee as well as the CBA Law Day Committee. She also served with the Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers Association and Women's Legal Forum as a gala organizer (2017, 2019 and 2021).
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Calgary Bar Association
Sylvie has also presented at various conferences, panels, seminars, and other events, including:
- Blockchain and Cryptocurrency: What's All the Buzz About? March, 2018
- Introduction to Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Technology presentation to the legal group of a number of large companies in Alberta, throughout 2018
- Introduction to Cryptocurrency Regulations, Utility Tokens and Securitized Tokens presentation at the Bitcoin Rodeo, July 2018
WestBlock Capital Inc. acquisition by LUXXFOLIO Holdings Inc.
Counsel to WestBlock Capital Inc., a cryptocurrency mining company, in its acquisition by LUXXFOLIO Holdings Inc., a digital infrastructure provider based in Canada for an undisclosed sum.
Whitecap Resources Inc's $300 million acquisition of Kicking Horse Oil & Gas Ltd.
Counsel to Whitecap Resources Inc. in its indirect acquisition of Kicking Horse Oil & Gas Ltd., a portfolio company of Quantum Energy Partners, for $300 million.
Scoular Company's sale of its edible bean business for US $25 million
Canadian counsel to the Scoular Company, a large, privately-owned US agricultural commodities trading company, in the sale of its edible bean business, which included processing plants in St. Hilaire, Minnesota, U.S.; Plum Coulee and Morden, Manitoba; and receiving stations in Garske and Grafton, North Dakota, U.S., to Cooperative Elevator Co., for approximately US $25 million.
TransAlta Corporation asset acquisition from Kineticor Holdings Limited Partnership
Counsel to TransAlta Corporation in respect of the agreement with Kineticor Holdings Limited Partnership #2 to acquire the Limited Partnership responsible for developing the Three Creeks Power Project (two 230 MW Siemens F class gas turbines and related equipment) for $84 million.
Crown Point Energy Inc.'s rights offerings and acquisition of Apco Austral S.A.
Counsel to Crown Point Energy Inc. regarding its US$16 million circular and short form prospectus rights offerings Following the offering, BD&P acted as Canadian counsel to Crown Point in its US$39 million acquisition of Apco Austral S.A. from an affiliate of Pluspetrol S.A. using the proceeds from the rights offerings.
PetroShale Inc.'s $110 million public offering
Counsel to PetroShale Inc. regarding a $110 million public offering of 122,265,000 common shares.
AgJunction Inc. merger with Novariant Inc.
Counsel to AgJunction Inc. regarding its merger with Novariant Inc. pursuant to a plan of merger under the laws of the State of California.
Parex Resources Inc.'s acquisition of Verano Energy Limited
Counsel to Parex Resources Inc. in the $198 million acquisition of Verano Energy Limited.
Baytex Energy Corp.'s $1.5 billion financing
Counsel to Baytex Energy Corp. in its $1.5 billion public offering of 38,433,000 subscription receipts.
Establishment of an orthodontic partnership network
Counsel to Corus Orthodontists Inc. in connection with establishing a North American orthodontist owned orthodontic partnership network.
Parex Resources Inc.'s $302 million public offering of subscription receipts
Counsel to Parex Resources Inc. in the $302 million public offering of 31,000,000 subscription receipts.
Canadian International Oil Corp. equity commitment and debt financing
Counsel to Canadian International Oil Corp. in respect to its $150 million equity line financing commitment by an affiliate of Riverstone Holdings LLC and US$160 million private placement of senior unsecured notes