Sharing our knowledge in both the legal and technical aspects of technology transfer and licensing in a wide range of transactions.
BD&P's Intellectual Property & Technology team has extensive experience in all commercial aspects of technology development, protection, marketing and transfer. Our Team is knowledgeable in both the legal and technical aspects of technology transfer and licensing and has the skills to handle wide-ranging transactions.
Our practitioners represent large and small corporate developers, acquisitors and end users of technology in a wide variety of industries, including the oil & gas and service sector, oil sands, wireless, GPS, biotechnology, financial institutions and software.
Significant Areas of Service
- Mergers and acquisitions of technology companies
- Acquisition of intellectual property and technology company assets
- Advising on employee and contractor intellectual property issues and assignments
- Technology distribution, including sales, marketing, reseller and sales agency arrangements
- Software, copyright, trade-mark, patent and other intellectual property licensing
- Application service provider, hosting and other software and service delivery structures
- Co-development and joint development agreements
- Confidentiality, non-disclosure and technology ownership and assignment agreements
- IT outsourcing
- Publishing contracts