Leader of BD&P's Tax & Benefits Business Unit.
- Transactional Tax
- Extensive experience in corporate tax planning across all major industries including natural resources, electricity generation, midstream companies, oil and gas services, pipelines, real estate development, agriculture, manufacturing, transportation and technology.
- Extensive transactional experience advising on tax structures and considerations for buying and selling companies, businesses, and assets.
- Experience in tax structuring complex, domestic and cross-border partnerships and joint ventures.
- Significant experience in financing structures with taxable and tax-exempt entities and organizations.
- University of Calgary, Bachelor of Laws, 2004 (Gold Medal for highest academic performance overall)
- University of Calgary, Bachelor of Commerce, 1998
- Alberta 2005
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Former Chair, Canadian Bar Association, Tax Specialists Section (Southern Alberta)
- Former member of the Executive, Canadian Petroleum Tax Society
- Member, Calgary Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Tax Foundation
Honours & Recognition
- Named in The Legal 500 Canada as a Recommended Lawyer in the area of Tax, 2018 & 2019
- Named in the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory as a Leading Lawyer in the area of Corporate Tax, 2018
- Presenter, When Audits Go Sideways: How to Hold the Canada Revenue Agency Accountable for its Actions?, Canadian Petroleum Tax Society, May 2018
- Presenter, Case Update, Canadian Tax Foundation Young Practitioners Series, 2017
- Presenter, Commercial Vehicles – Select Issues in Defining Legal Relationships, Canadian Tax Foundation Annual Conference, 2016
- Presenter, 2015 Case Law Update, Canadian Bar Association, Tax Specialists Subsection, 2016
- Presenter, Trends in Employee and Executive Compensation, Canadian Petroleum Tax Society, 2013
- Presenter, Recent Cases of Interest to Oil & Gas, Canadian Bar Association, Tax Specialists Subsection, 2013
- Presenter, Daishowa Decision and Current Cases in Tax, Canadian Petroleum Tax Society Annual Conference, Calgary, AB, 2012