If you have built up wealth over your lifetime you probably hope for an orderly and tax efficient transfer of that wealth in the event of your passing. We help our clients organize their affairs efficiently and effectively.
Estate planning can be nuanced and complex, especially for our clients who own businesses. Our estate planning team can help you organize your estate and advise you on strategies for efficiently transferring your wealth.
As a full-service firm, our team can use the expertise of other specialist lawyers when needed.
What we do
Get advice from us on:
- Preparation and review of wills including the use of spousal trusts and other life estates
- Personal directives and enduring powers of attorney
- Tax efficient transfer or liquidation of family businesses under a will and post mortem
- Tax efficient transfers of family business assets outside of a will
- Post mortem tax planning and compliance
- Inter vivos trusts in protecting family assets, transferring wealth and limiting family taxes, outside of a will
- Family legacy assets such as recreational real estate in furtherance of efficient inter-generational transfers
- Formation and use of family charitable foundations
- Tax advantages of charitable giving
- Tax consequences of post retirement expatriation to another country
Did you know?
We have a skilled estate litigation team who can help you and your family resolve disputes regarding wills, trusts and powers of attorney