Facilitating the development of major projects in both established and emerging markets.
BD&P's Banking & Finance Team represents a large number of developers, financial institutions and syndicates on the financing of major projects and infrastructure in the oil & gas, electricity, mining and other sectors, both domestically and internationally. We have acted for clients on many innovative and complex projects such as financings involving airports, oil & gas development projects, liquid natural gas projects, petrochemical facilities, offshore oil production and other major infrastructure facilities.
With its wide-ranging experience in project financing, the Banking & Finance Team is able to facilitate the development of major projects in both established and emerging markets. This Team works closely with other lawyers within the firm, drawing on our extensive experience in tax, energy, commercial transactions and other areas that may arise in the financing of a major project.
Significant Areas of Service
- Loan agreements and trust indentures
- Limited recourse guarantees
- Project funding agreements
- Security documentation
- Inter-creditor and subordination arrangements
- Off balance sheet arrangements involving special purpose vehicles
- Bankruptcy remoting
- Securitizing contracts such as leases
- Construction and operational loans for facilities
- Various guarantee arrangements for sponsor support
- Note purchase arrangements for institutional investors
- Pass-through certificate arrangements