David's focus is on tax law, including:
- Income funds and royalty trusts
- Cross-border financings
- Partnerships and trusts
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Corporate reorganizations
- Estate plans
- Structured finance
David has numerous case comments for CCH Publishing.
March 24, 2020
August 27, 2020
August 21, 2019
August 21, 2018
Recent honours and recognition
Calgary tax lawyer of the year by Best Lawyers in Canada (2019)
Named in Best Lawyers in Canada as a recommended tax lawyer (annually since 2006)
Recognized in Lexpert's Canadian Legal Directory as a leading corporate tax lawyer (2002-2017)
Named in Chambers Global's as a leading tax lawyer (2004-2013)
Crescent Point Energy Corp.'s $640 million acquisition
Counsel to Wild Stream Exploration Inc. in the $640 million acquisition by Crescent Point Energy Corp.
Triwest Capital Partners acquisition of NCSG Crane & Heavy Haul Corporation
Counsel to Triwest Capital Partners and Alberta Teachers’ Retirement Fund in connection with the acquisition of a majority interest in NCSG Crane & Heavy Haul Corporation.
David is the Director of The Horne Charitable Foundation.
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Tax Foundation
- Member, Canadian Petroleum Tax Society
- Member, Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners
- Member, Tuesday Tax Group