David's focus is on tax law, including:
- Income funds and royalty trusts
- Cross-border financings
- Partnerships and trusts
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Corporate reorganizations
- Estate plans
- Structured finance
David has numerous case comments for CCH Publishing.
David is the Director of The Horne Charitable Foundation.
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Tax Foundation
- Member, Canadian Petroleum Tax Society
- Member, Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners
- Member, Tuesday Tax Group
Crescent Point Energy Corp.'s $640 million acquisition
Counsel to Wild Stream Exploration Inc. in the $640 million acquisition by Crescent Point Energy Corp.
Triwest Capital Partners acquisition of NCSG Crane & Heavy Haul Corporation
Counsel to Triwest Capital Partners and Alberta Teachers’ Retirement Fund in connection with the acquisition of a majority interest in NCSG Crane & Heavy Haul Corporation.
Recent honours and recognition
Calgary tax lawyer of the year by Best Lawyers in Canada (2019)
Named in Best Lawyers in Canada as a recommended tax lawyer (annually since 2006)
Recognized in Lexpert's Canadian Legal Directory as a leading corporate tax lawyer (2002-2017)
Named in Chambers Global's as a leading tax lawyer (2004-2013)
March 24, 2020
August 25, 2022
August 27, 2020
August 21, 2019
August 21, 2018