Involved in major national transactions, civil actions and competition tribunal proceedings in a broad range of industries.
BD&P's Competition/Foreign Investment Law Team provides advice to clients in all aspects of Canadian competition law and foreign investment review matters.
We have been involved in major national and international transactions, civil actions, and competition tribunal proceedings as well as day‑to‑day compliance issues in a broad range of industries.
The Competition/Foreign Investment Law Team works closely with other lawyers in the firm, drawing on the skills and knowledge of lawyers in commercial transactions, securities, energy, regulatory, litigation and other practice areas where required to provide full service in meeting the objectives of our clients in a timely and effective manner.
Significant Areas of Service
- Pre-notification requirements under the Competition Act
- Investment Canada review applications and notifications
- Merger review
- Compliance advice with respect to trade practices and agreements
- Representation before the Competition Bureau and the Competition Tribunal
- Representation before the Investment Review Division
- Pricing, distribution and licensing practices
- Joint venture and strategic alliances
- Abuse of dominance matters
- Advice regarding relationships with customers and competitors
- Advice regarding issues related to contests, drafting contest rules and related documentation