Offering innovative advice and skilled litigation services when our clients are faced with tax-related problems and obstacles.
BD&P's Tax Litigation Team represents individuals and businesses across a broad range of industry sectors in a variety of complex tax litigation matters. Our tax litigators cover all stages of the tax litigation process, including negotiations with appropriate authorities, the provision of opinions, dealing with compliance issues, and appearances before the Tax Court of Canada, the Federal Court and the Federal Court of Appeal. Our tax litigators also appear in the Court of Queen's Bench on provincial income tax matters, for rectification orders and other declaratory judgements.
Our Tax Litigation Team works closely with the practitioners on our Tax Team in ensuring we offer full service for all of our clients' tax issues. We provide innovative advice and skilled litigation services when our clients are faced with tax-related problems and obstacles.
Significant Areas of Service
- Disputes concerning taxation of particular corporate structures
- Disputes concerning taxation of commercial transactions or agreements
- Disputes regarding taxation of particular industries
- Voluntary disclosures
- Customs disputes
- Disputes involving GST and withholding tax
- Negotiations with government tax auditors and appeals officers
- Appearances before the Tax Court of Canada, the Federal Court and the Federal Court of Appeal