Bob's focus is on employment law, including:
- Advising employers with respect to terminations, layoffs, downsizings, hiring practices, human rights issues, disability issues, hiring policies and practices, drug and alcohol policies/testing, employment policies and procedures, corporate governance matters, corporate mergers, sales and other corporate transactions, and other employment matters
- Advising employers and employees with respect to non-competition and non-solicitation issues
- Drafting employment agreements, consulting agreements, retention agreements, drug and alcohol policies, employee policies
- Advising employees with respect to terminations, human rights issues, employment agreements, corporate governance matters and other employment matters
- Representing employers and employees in employment-related litigation
Bob provides pro bono employment advice to the Missing Children Society of Canada, Alcove Addiction Recovery for Women, and the Calgary Senior's Resource Society.
Bob is a member of the Student Hiring Committee and the Workplace Environment Committee at BD&P.
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
Greenfire Acquisition Corporation acquisition of Japan Canada Oil Sands Limited
Counsel to Greenfire Acquisition Corporation in its acquisition of all of the shares of Japan Canada Oil Sands Limited, which has a working interest in the Hangingstone facility in Alberta, for an undisclosed amount.
Tourmaline Oil Corp.'s $205 million acquisition of assets from Saguaro Resources Ltd.
Counsel to Tourmaline Oil Corp. in the $205 million strategic acquisition of 50% of the assets of Saguaro Resources Ltd. in the Laprise-Conroy North Montney area of British Columbia. The companies entered into a joint venture agreement to develop the assets, with Tourmaline operating the joint venture and related facilities.
Kicking Horse Oil & Gas Ltd.'s $300 million acquisition by Whitecap Resources Inc
Counsel to Kicking Horse Oil & Gas Ltd., a portfolio company of Quantum Energy Partners, in its $300 million acquisition by Whitecap Resources Inc.
ARC Resources Ltd.'s $8.1 billion combination
Counsel to ARC Resources Ltd. in its $8.1 billion strategic Montney combination with Seven Generations Energy, resulting in ARC becoming Canada's largest condensate producer, third-largest natural gas producer and sixth-largest upstream energy company.
$2.8 billion acquisition of Raging River Exploration Inc.
Counsel to Raging River Exploration Inc., a Canadian oil producer, in the $2.8 billion strategic acquisition.
Canyon Services Group Inc.'s acquisition by Trican Well Service Ltd.
Counsel to Canyon Services Group in the $637 million acquisition by Trican.
Kicking Horse Energy Inc.'s acquisition by ORLEN Upstream Canada Ltd.
Counsel to Kicking Horse Energy Inc. in the $356 million acquisition by ORLEN Upstream Canada Ltd., a wholly owned subsidiary of PKN ORLEN S.A.
Mullen Group Ltd. acquisition of Gardewine Group Limited Partnership
Counsel to Mullen Group Ltd. in the $172 million acquisition of Manitoba-based Gardewine Group.
Sale of Decisive Farming Corp.
Counsel to Decisive Farming Corp in the acquisition by TELUS Agriculture Solutions Inc.
Recent honours and recognition
Named in Chambers Canada as a leading lawyer in employment and labour (Alberta) (2022-2023)
Named as Best Lawyers in Canada's Calgary Lawyer of the Year in labour and employment law (2023)
Named in Best Lawyers in Canada as a recommended lawyer in labour and employment law (2020-2023)
September 20, 2021
October 27, 2020
September 29, 2022
August 25, 2022
August 27, 2020
August 21, 2019