Jennie's focus is on commercial litigation and tax litigation.
Jennie volunteers with Calgary Legal Guidance.
Jennie serves as the Director of the Association of Women's Lawyers.
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, The Advocates' Society
- Member, Canadian Petroleum Tax Society
- Member, Canadian Tax Foundation
- Member, International Fiscal Association
- Member, Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers
Prior to joining BD&P, Jennie co-authored SR&ED: Is Improving Cost Efficiency Relevant? Tax for the Owner-Manager, Volume 21, Number 3, published in July 2021.
Deans Knight Income Corporation appeal to Supreme Court of Canada
Appeared at Supreme Court of Canada in precedent-setting tax case, Deans Knight Income Corporation v. His Majesty the King. This high-profile dispute asked whether the general anti-avoidance rule in the Income Tax Act could apply to nullify a company's losses after it underwent a recapitalization and restart transaction. With a taxpayer win at the Tax Court of Canada, which was subsequently overturned by the Federal Court of Appeal, the taxpayer appealed to the Supreme Court of Canada. The appeal was heard on November 2, 2022.
November 21, 2021