Michael's focus is on:
- Corporate governance disputes
- Oppression claims
- Debt recovery proceedings
- Regulatory work for environmental and land use planning approvals
- Construction disputes for engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contracts
- Faulty workmanship and delay claims
- Construction contract disputes
Michael has a broad civil litigation practice that encompasses commercial and construction disputes. His commercial practice includes areas such as corporate governance litigation and shareholder oppression claims. He has also worked closely with banks, other lenders and trustees in debt recovery proceedings for corporate and consumer delinquent accounts.
Michael's construction practice encompasses a wide variety of disputes that arise in large-scale construction projects from the initial bid/tender phase all the way through to end of construction, including faulty workmanship, delay claims, changes in schedule, lien claims, as well as contractual disputes.
Michael speaks Spanish.
Michael is actively involved in fundraising for infants and toddlers with neuromuscular disorders in connection with organizations such as Love for Lewiston, Muscular Dystrophy Canada and Cure SMA.
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
March 8, 2021