Advising on all aspects of the aviation business, from the day-to-day operations to intricate finance and leasing arrangements.
BD&P's Aviation Team has extensive experience in a broad range of aviation transactions, including aircraft acquisitions, dispositions, leasing and financing. We have represented the interests of airlines, manufacturers, purchasers, lessors, lessees, banks, charter companies and corporate aircraft owners and operators. BD&P lawyers respond effectively with qualified advice on all aspects of the aviation business, from the day-to-day operations of airlines, to regulatory and compliance matters, to intricate finance and leasing arrangements.
This Team works closely with other lawyers in the firm, drawing on skills and experience in the areas of tax, securities, competition, litigation and other areas to provide a full range of service to meet our clients' needs.
Significant Areas of Service
- Purchase, sale and financing of aircraft
- Purchase, sale and financing of aircraft hangars
- Commercialization, construction and financing of airport facilities
- Enforcement of security on aircraft
- Advice on day‑to‑day operations of airlines
- Aviation regulatory and compliance matters
- Environmental issues
- Domestic and cross‑border tax issues
- Sales and commodity tax issues
- Operating leases
- Debt financing