Widely recognized as leaders in their field in mergers & acquisitions in the Canadian market, particularly in the energy sector.
BD&P's Securities, and Mergers & Acquisitions practitioners are widely recognized as leaders in their field in mergers & acquisitions in the Canadian market, particularly in the energy sector.
This Team has extensive experience and skill in a wide range of transactions, both large and small, and including domestic, cross‑border and international transactions. They represent acquirers, targets and financial advisors in takeover bids, plans of arrangement, and mergers and acquisitions.
BD&P's Securities, and Mergers & Acquisitions lawyers are well known for their ability to structure sophisticated and high profile transactions and to provide innovative, practical and timely solutions to meet their clients' objectives. This Team has been involved in many of the largest acquisitions and mergers in the oil & gas sector, often combined with significant financings.
BD&P's Securities, and Mergers & Acquisitions Team work closely with other lawyers within the firm drawing on the skills and experience of lawyers in tax, competition, regulatory, labour and employment, oil & gas, litigation and other areas that arise in merger and acquisition transactions.
Significant Areas of Service
- Acquisitions, public and private, by takeover bid, plan of arrangement, amalgamation or other form of business combination
- Cross-border merger & acquisition transactions
- Hostile and friendly takeover bids
- Takeover bid defences and strategies, including shareholder rights plans and poison pills
- Acquisition financing
- Going private transactions
- Proxy contests
- Competition and Investment Canada issues
- Due diligence
- Related party transactions
- Stock Exchange compliance