James's focus is on advising employers on employment issues including:
- Termination and layoff strategies
- Employment standards, human rights obligations, and privacy law
- Hiring policies and practices
- Corporate mergers, sales, and takeovers
- Personnel procedures and policies
He works with employers and employees with respect to restrictive covenants, non-competition issues, and fiduciary duties; employment and independent contractor agreements, consulting agreements, and employer policies; and employment-related litigation.
James also advises his clients on collective bargaining and labour disputes and represents them in grievance arbitrations and labour board proceedings.
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
October 27, 2020
Guidance from the Supreme Court of Canada regarding entitlements during the reasonable notice period
August 19, 2020
March 10, 2020
January 15, 2020