We understand the challenges and opportunities that are unique to our clients in the agribusiness sector
Alberta's agribusiness sector is thriving. As a Calgary-grown firm, you could say agriculture is in our DNA. We have a long history of working with clients in this sector and understand the challenges and opportunities that are unique to it.
Our clients are as diverse as their business ventures. We work with businesses at all stage of the agribusiness value chain, including those in food and beverage, farming, agri-finance, crop science, AI, cannabis and ag-tech. Our clients view us not just as legal advisors, but also as partners to them. We will look beyond the transaction or case to provide strategic guidance that helps meet your overall business goals.
We help businesses in the agribusiness sector with:
- Establishing and setting up their business
- Raising capital
- Technology, intellectual property and trademarks
- Banking and private lending arrangements
- Commercial transactions and contractual agreements
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Tax issues
- Labour and employment matters
- Occupational, health and safety matters
- Agricultural restructurings and enforcements
- Dispute resolution, including litigation, class actions and arbitrations
- Succession planning and estate litigation