Providing comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the requirements of Corporate Governance regulation, legislation and procedures.
The enhanced profile of corporate governance issues, including greater public accountability and transparency, requires awareness on the part of boards, committees and senior management of the changing corporate governance rules and practices. Sound corporate governance policies enable directors and senior management to optimally perform their duties and manage risk, enhancing long term corporate value and good corporate citizenship.
BD&P's Securities, Mergers & Acquisitions Team is actively involved in advising public companies, directors and officers on corporate governance issues and has extensive experience in all of the relevant legal practice areas including corporate law, securities regulation, directors' and officers' liability and securities litigation.
BD&P's clients benefit from this Team's comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the requirements of Corporate Governance regulation, legislation and procedures, and from this Team's ability to create innovative, practical solutions to meet each client's needs and objectives.
Significant Areas of Service
- Advising boards, committees and senior management on their ethical and fiduciary duties and obligations including obligations in high profile situations
- Advising on implementation of compliance programs, including review of board committee composition and reviewing or preparing mandates for boards and committees in compliance with applicable securities requirements
- Conducting compliance audits
- Reviewing practices and procedures of boards of directors
- Developing review and evaluation procedures for boards, directors and senior management
- Advising on directors' and officers' liability matters
- Advising public companies on ongoing compliance with regulatory reporting and disclosure requirements
- Serving as special counsel to boards of directors and committees
- Advising on executive compensation issues
- Providing ongoing advice on emerging corporate governance trends and issues
- Providing assistance in implementing industry best practices