Daria’s practice is focused on commercial litigation and arbitration across a wide range of areas. Before joining BD&P, she was an associate at a mid-sized regional law firm in Edmonton. There, Daria was involved in a number of complex construction arbitration proceedings. Additionally, she has assisted clients on matters in Provincial Court and Court of Queen’s Bench involving debt recovery, employment, construction, personal injury, and estate litigation.
- University of Alberta, J.D., 2019
- University of Alberta, BA, 2015
- Alberta 2020
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
Dispute Resolution Experience
- Research and other support on the appeal to the Supreme Court of Canada on behalf of Peace River Hydro Partners, in Peace River Hydro Partners, et al. v. Petrowest Corporation, et al.
- Provided research and other support to Inter Pipeline Ltd. in precedent setting defence of an application before the Alberta Securities Commission involving a hostile takeover
- Defended multiple small claims brought against oil and gas exploration company
- Acted for a general contractor in arbitration dispute involving the construction of a pipeline
- Assisted on summary dismissal application involving allegations of improper allocation of natural gas by an operator of jointly owned wells
- Counsel on a defence of an injunction application by an employer, involving allegations of breaches of fiduciary duties
- Counsel to a clearing agency in a dispute over non-delivery of a product