The passing of a loved one can often be a challenging and emotional time for families. Especially if relationships break down. We provide our client's with straightforward and timely legal guidance to resolve their estate dispute.
We are mindful of the impact estate disputes can have on families. If there is a disagreement over inheritance, the validity of a will, trust or Power of Attorney, or the administration of an estate, our team has the experience to help you.
Where formal litigation is the only alternative to mediation or arbitration, we see matters though the trial. And if necessary, appeal. Our team has represented clients in all levels of courts in Alberta.
Who we work with
What we do
Get advice from us on:
- Claims regarding the interpretation of wills and trusts
- Disputes regarding the validity of wills, trusts or powers of attorney based on capacity concerns, undue influence or suspicious circumstances
- Appointing guardians, trustees and attorneys of an incapacitated person
- Claims against and/or for removal of executors or personal representatives who cannot fulfill their obligations, have mismanaged or misappropriated estate assets, or have acted negligently or unfairly in administering the estate
- Disputes regarding compensation of trustees, personal representatives and administrators
- Claims regarding the transfer of assets during a person's lifetime
- Proceedings to recover losses resulting from a breach of trust or breach of fiduciary duty
- Challenges regarding assets improperly included in the estate
- Misappropriation of estate, trust or elder assets by family members or others
- Settling estate disputes in a tax effective manner
- Advising on applications to pass accounts
What our clients say
"The team works together very well. They build on each other's strengths to provide the best path forward for resolving disputes." – Legal 500 Canada 2021
More like this
June 7, 2022
April 28, 2022
January 17, 2022